BUFFALO STATE ATHLETICS
ROCHESTER, N.Y.— Theo Pencic (Oslo, Norway) scored three times and Zak Shaibi (Buffalo/McKinley) scored twice to propel Buffalo State to a convincing 5-1 victory over host RIT tonight in a rainy non-conference contest.
FINAL SCORE: Buffalo State – 5, RIT – 1
LOCATION: RIT Turf Field – Rochester, N.Y.
RECORDS: Buffalo State (2-0), RIT (1-1)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Buffalo State built a 3-0 lead in the first half that included a pair of quick strikes by Pencic in the 10thand 14th minutes.
- Shaibi added the Bengals’ third goal with just over a minute remaining in the first half.
- RIT finally broke through in the 78th minute, but Pencic completed his hat trick just over a minute later to reclaim the three-goal lead.
- Shaibi completed the scoring with his second of the game in the 84th minute.
- Anthony Roncone (W. Seneca/W. Seneca East), Ali Shawish (Lackawanna/Lackawanna), Moe Saif(Lackawanna/Coppell (TX)), and Nemanja Simic (Grand Island/Grand Island)
- all picked up assists in the win.
- RIT finished with a 16-11 advantage in shot attempts for the game, but the Bengals held an 8-6 edge in shots on goal.
- Andreas Queen (Stone Ridge/Rondout Valley) finished with five saves for Buffalo State.
FOR THE FOES
- Dante DeSisti score the lone goal for RIT.
Buffalo State will play in the Fredonia Classic next weekend, opening against Westminster on Friday at 6 p.m.