CANISIUS COLLEGE ATHLETICS
The Canisius women’s soccer team will travel to Moon Township, Pa., for a non-conference match at Robert Morris on Labor Day. Game time is set for 1 p.m.
- The Griffs earned their first victory of the season with a 1-0 victory over Hampton on Aug. 24.
- Goalkeeper Alana Rossi made one save to earn her 18th career shutout for the Blue and Gold.
- Sophomore transfer Luca Fahmer scored her first collegiate goal in the fifth minute to give the Blue and Gold the victory, the program’s third-straight home-opening win.
Scouting the Opponent
- Robert Morris is currently 0-1-1 on the season after two overtime games with Bucknell (L, 1-2 OT) and Purdue Fort Wayne (T, 1-1 2OT).
- Freshman Sheridan Reid was named Northeast Conference Rookie of the Week after scoring the game-tying goal against Purdue Fort Wayne.
- Junior goalkeeper Syndey Bruckner also earned NEC Honors as a Prime Performer after stopping 13 total shots over the opening two games.
- Monday’s contest serves as the sixth meeting all-time between Canisius and Robert Morris.
- Canisius has won three straight in this series, all by shutout. The Griffs’ defense hasn’t given up a goal to Robert Morris in 302:54 – a scoreless streak that dates back to 2015.
- Last season, Canisius defeated Robert Morris 1-0 on the power of six saves by goalkeeper Alana Rossi.
- The Blue and Gold returns home Sunday, Sept. 8, to meet Valparaiso. Kickoff is scheduled for 4 p.m. at the Demske Sports Complex.