Buffalo is undoubtedly a football town — especially now. But there are still a massive amount of hockey fans in the area. And those fans are surely delighted to see the Buffalo Sabres take back to the ice.
While the regular season is still a few weeks away, preseason play kicks off — or should we say “faces” off — on Sunday in Washington against the Washington Capitals.
It will be the first of six preseason games for the Sabres, followed by the first home game of the preseason on Tuesday against the Philadelphia Flyers. The team will host two more preseason games and travel to two additional away games.
The full preseason schedule follows:
- Sunday, Sept. 25 at Washington Capitals at Capital One Arena (2 p.m.)
- Tuesday, Sept. 27 vs. Philadelphia Flyers at KeyBank Center (7 p.m.)
- Wednesday, Sept. 28 at Columbus Blue Jackets at Nationwide Arena (7 p.m.)
- Saturday, Oct. 1 vs. Pittsburgh Penguins at KeyBank Center (1 p.m.)
- Tuesday, Oct. 4 vs. Carolina Hurricanes at KeyBank Center (7 p.m.)
- Friday, Oct. 7 at Pittsburgh Penguins at PPG Paints Arena (7 p.m.)