NIAGARA UNIVERSITY ATHLETICS
ERIE, Pa. – The Niagara Purple Eagles were defeated by the Edinboro Fighting Scots, 6-1, on Sunday afternoon.
- The Purple Eagles entered the singles portion trailing 1-0 after losing the doubles point.
- Bruno Goncalves won Niagara’s only point of the match. Goncavles won the first set against Julius Schulte, 6-4, before dropping the second set, 7-5. He won the super tie-breaker, 10-6, to come away with the win in six singles.
- Lukas Wenninger lost a three-set match in five singles. He won the first set, 7-6 (3), but lost the second set, 6-4, and the super tie-break, 10-6.
- Finnbar Adams (No. 2) and Eduardo Villapando Heredia (No. 4) both dropped 7-5 decisions in the first set before succumbing in straight sets.
- Darrel Harxhi also lost a set, 7-5, playing in No. 1 singles.
- The Purple Eagles will play their first home match of the season when they host the Quinnipiac Bobcats at the Village Glen Tennis Center in Williamsville, N.Y. on Saturday, February 16 at 7 p.m. to start MAAC play.