NIAGARA UNIVERSITY ATHLETICS
The Niagara women’s lacrosse team fell to Yale, 17-10, in the first of two road games for the Purple Eagles this weekend. Rachel MacCheyne continued to pace the offense for Niagara (3-2, 0-0 MAAC) by scoring a team-high four goals for her fifth straight hat trick.
- Caroline Crump opened the scoring for Niagara less than eight minutes into the game to level the score at 1-1.
- MacCheyne and Shea Swartwout gave Niagara a 3-2 lead by scoring less than two minutes apart.
- After three straight Yale goals, Alex Leo’s first of the game and MacCheyne’s second knotted things up at 5-5.
- Down 10-5 entering the second half, MacCheyne scored 85 seconds into the period on a free position shot to cut the deficit to four, and Alexis Morales made it an 11-7 game three minutes later.
- Crump and MacCheyne scored 17 seconds apart to make the game a 14-9 affair.
- Jenna Brill’s tally with 5:16 left on the clock was the last score for either team.
- Niagara will continue its road trip in Smithfield, Rhode Island when they face Bryant on Saturday, March 9. Opening draw against the Bulldogs will be at 12 p.m.